Navigational Aids Major Maintenance and Renewal
Gold Coast Waterways Authority is delivering a major maintenance project on 27 large beacons in the Gold Coast Seaway and the Broadwater, to extend the operational lifespan of these assets.
THE IMPROVEMENT WORKS INCLUDE:
- Replacement of ladders.
- Application of anti-corrosion measures.
- Blast and repaint activities.
- Sustain safe navigational access in Gold Coast waterways.
- Enhancing the structural integrity of the assets, ensuring long-term reliability and safety.
- Increasing operational efficiency by providing a stable and secure platform for maintenance and inspection activities.
- Vessel operators will need to exercise caution when navigating through areas of beacon maintenance.
- Maintenance activities may require temporary closures or restrictions in certain areas where navigational aids are being serviced.
- There may be some noise impacts from high pressure blasting works.
- Maritime Safety Queensland will issue a Notice to Mariners, requesting vessel masters to keep clear of works, reduce speed and minimise wash.
Southport Seaway Entrance, North and South Channels and Wave Break Island
Project Start: October 2023
Est. Completion: December 2023